Dienstag, 25. Januar 2011

Even Android is not perfect II (or: Trouble with “Samsung Kies”)

After installing Kies (comparable to ActiveSync or WMDC in the Windows world):

image

image

Hm …

I just wanted to use this stuff …

Running Kies as administrator under Windows 7:

image

image

image

image

© 2008 or 2009!? At another location I saw © 2010 …

Kies.exe assembly information claims version 1.1.0.0 but About box claims 1.5.3.10103_102!?

CI? Full automated Build?

Ok, remove this sucking stuff from my PC:

image

Publisher: “Ihr Firmenname” (= YourCompanyName)

Version 1.4!?

De-installing:

image

Yes or No?

Yes (I assumed).

image

OK

D’oh!

Which brainless people developed the “Kies” application!?
(Kies ist echt mies …)

Btw, it seems to be a common problem for Windows 7, 64 bit:

Just ask Dr. Google

Found drivers for Windows 7 (64bit): http://drivers.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=96693&t=4&i=1

It “works” now (=does not crash) but:

image

For almost all features I get: “The device does not support this service” (Calendar, E-Mail Inbox, Contacts etc.)!?

So I stop further investigations now since it is waste of time for me at the moment …

Keine Kommentare: